Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Today is my Thursday

Ahh, the beautiful vacation short week! One more day of drudgery before Mr. Bump and I wing our way off to San Diego for an extended dance remix version of the weekend. I am fresh from purchasing a new pair of lovely cotton pajamas for the occasion, along with a few other do-dads from Target. We won't go there but yes, I did ditch. At the checkstand, to the checker. What follows is the list of things I need to remember to pack:
  1. Gnocchi.
  2. Reading material--shoot, forgot to get magazines for the plane at Target.
  3. Plane snacks--dried apricots, red vines, or similar oral fixation foods.
  4. Water.
  5. Sunscreen.
  6. Directions from K and C's house in San Diego to my friend Elana's house in OC.
  7. Resistance bands so I don't lose all this gorgeous muscle I've developed--Hah!
  8. Hmmm--I probably can't fit my scale in amongst everything else, can I? (Trust me, it helps to keep me honest.)
  9. MP3 player--need to change up the music, tho. Stuck on gym shuffle of Madonna, No Doubt, Gwen Stafani and Soul Coughing.
  10. New striped cotton pajamas--for some reason I often forget this little detail in the hustle and bustle of packing (makes for a very embarrassing or uncomfortable trip, having to wear actual clothing to bed or go naked at someone else's house--can't do it).
  11. Cell phone charger and various other boring things that aren't glamorous, interesting or funny but complicate the trip if you don't have them. Similar to pajamas in that regard.
Things I may pack if I have room:
  1. Immersion blender. I know, I know. But it makes the marinara sauce so much easier to make.
  2. Extra books in case I finish all the books I bring. Maybe extra books in case I finish those books? Nah, maybe not.
  3. More than 2 pairs of shoes. Right now I'm holdin' at 2.
  4. My pillow. This may, in fact, have to rise to the above list. I don't sleep well without my pillow. Alternatively I could just bring/borrow Benadryl, K and C being big fans of it.
  5. Earplugs? Am I reaching, now?
  6. Spanx. If you don't know what they are, then you don't need to know.
  7. Workout gear and running shoes? Am I really going to want to do that when I could be spending time with my friends? I don't think so.
  8. A spare resume of both mine and my husband's to shop around so that we don't have to return to our boring and mundane lives here?
  9. A couple more books for the flight back.
  10. An extra bag so that when we buy stuff we can check it on the way back, like last time.
Let me know if you want me to pick anything up for you. Sounds like I might have room.

No comments: