Thursday, August 09, 2007

pyroclastic flow

Pyroclastic flow, I have a crush on you. I'm infatuated and I plan to roll around in it. Eventually, although it will break my heart, I will move on. But I always have fond memories of our time together. Just because I've got a new crush doesn't mean you're not just as special. I'm talking to you, pyroclastic. Flow is just your friend that I don't really like but tolerate because it comes with the package.

Some people get songs stuck in their heads, and sometimes that happens to me. But most often, nearly every day, I get a word stuck in my head. Today it is pyroclastic. Maybe it is because of all the volcanic activity we absorbed in Iceland. Anyway, I thought I would share my weird word, sort of a la AWAD, but more random.

Pyroclastic - Composed chiefly of rock fragments of explosive origin, especially those associated with explosive volcanic eruptions. Volcanic ash, obsidian, and pumice are examples of pyroclastic materials.

A few weeks ago I had this word stuck in my head. I still love how it sounds and I take it out every once in a while.

Twee - adjective, Chiefly British: affectedly dainty or quaint: twee writing about furry little creatures. Also, "tiny, dainty, miniature," 1905, from childish pronunciation of sweet.

Love that word.

Anyone have a favorite word they'd like to share?

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Eldritch.
Variegated.
Entrance. Or entrance.

sasha said...

hypermetamorphic.
somnambulistic.
luggage, baggage.
omphaloskepcism.
embiggen.
cromulent.