Thursday, August 23, 2007

today's word is brought to you by

The word I can't seem to get out of my head for the last couple of days is:

parge or parget:
1. A mixture, such as plaster or roughcast, used to coat walls and line chimneys.
2. Ornamental work in plaster.
3. A cement mixture used to waterproof outer walls.
tr.v. par·get·ed also par·get·ted, par·get·ing also par·get·ting, par·gets also par·gets
To cover or adorn with parget.

Don't know why except I saw it on Holmes on Holmes the other night. A fun antidote to our current renovation project woes.

No comments: