Tuesday, October 09, 2007

devastating news

I can't even write about this without getting a little teary. After 10 years and a lot of ups and downs, my hairdresser is hanging up her blowdryer to help her husband with his business. This is a relationship I've had longer than I've known my husband. I'm happy for her, but so sad for me.

Actually, no. I'm not happy for her. I stuck with her through two maternity leaves and three salons. I've been long (ok longer), and short short and rock ass red with her. She cut Mr. Bump's hair, for chrissake. She even trimmed his eyebrows, people. I've gone through the stages of grief on this but I'm stuck somewhere shy of acceptance. Maybe if I pay her cash she'll let me come over to her house and cut my hair?

I just don't know what to do. I've shed tears over this. Devastating.

No comments: