Tuesday, November 06, 2007

one hundred things - volume one

I stole this from over here, but I'm not above a blog idea theft. I don't know how interested anyone will be in this--I'm not sure even I want to know 100 things about myself, so we'll see how far I get. This might get changed to 12 1/2 things about me. Ok, how 'bout we start with 25 and see how long you all are interested in my narcissism.

1. I was born May 14th, 1974.

2. I was adopted about a month later, a decision my birthmother made, for which I can't thank her enough. You have no idea.

3. I forget things. All the time. Chances are if you have a memory of you and me doing something more than five years ago, you can tell me what we did like a story I've never heard before.

4. I love movies and I sorely miss them. Mr. Bump sold me a bill of good when we were dating which led me to believe he enjoyed going to the movies. He does not. I love the smell of popcorn, the anonymity of the dark, and the tipping headlong into a story, without escape. I think I'm the reason the Hollywood box office has been in the toilet--singlehandedly destroying the Hollywood Studio System--that's me!

5. I hate, hate, hate doing laundry. I wait until the last possible moment to do it. I used to have a laundry bag that said "One more day and I'll be naked."

6. I have an unnatural attachment to my pillow. I have travel with it, even if it means bringing a bigger bag and checking it. I live in fear that my luggage will get lost and we will be separated forever.

7. Even though we don't plan on having kids, Mr. Bump and I run through lists of names for what we'd call our kids. And I'm not telling because I don't want anyone to steal my great names. Nyaah.

8. One of my regular dreams is that I'm in a car accident and I can see the other car coming at me/us, I think "This is it. It's over," and I die, which is when I wake up. Terrifying. It heebs me out just to write it.

9. I'm an atheist who grew up Catholic, but I don't admit it freely (the atheist part, not the Catholic part). If someone asks, I'll admit it, but mostly I keep it to myself.

10. I used to lie a lot when I was a teenager, for no good reason. I just liked to make stuff up, I guess.

11. I really miss being in school. Another dream I have is that I go back to school even though I've graduated, just for the classes.

12. I feel really lucky that I get to work where I do, just for the beautiful architecture.

13. I've never broken a bone.

14. I've only got two scars--one on my left hand and one on my left foot.

15. Even though I'm kinda ashamed of it, I read a lot of chick lit. It's very diverting and doesn't require any thought. Book candy.

16. When I need to eat I get really grumpy.

17. Which Mr. Bump hates.

18. Of course it doesn't help when he says, "You need to eat." Even though he's usually right.

19. I love my mother but sometimes when she's talking to me on the phone my mind wanders.

20. Sometimes I have a secret conversation with Mr. Bump when I'm talking to her.

21. Although I know it goes against everything I believe in, sometimes I just wish I could stay home and let Mr. Bump bring home the bacon. I'd be happy to do the fryin' part. And I'll take one for Team Bump and get all the sleeping late, watching tv and playing on the internet that needs to get done in this family.

22. I hate it when Mr. Bump says "Someone didn't [insert thing that should have been done] or Someone left the [insert thing that was left in an inappropriate place]." Like it's a big mystery.

23. I am such a horrible procrastinator most of the time. Right now I'm blogging to avoid doing laundry and packing for the trip we're leaving on day after tomorrow. Multi-tasking!

24. I can kill an hour wandering around a Walgreens, looking at makeup, magazines, shampoo and toiletries. Not that I often have that hour to spare, but when I need to get something done, it is a great way to procrastinate.

25. Aside from the nine hours a day that I'm actually working (not including my lunch hour), I'm generally within 15 feet of my husband. And if I don't see him for 24 hours (which is pretty rare), I really really miss him.

--Ok, this seems like a good stopping place. I'll save 26-100 for some other day I'm out of other things to write about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a terrible memory too! And I love movies.