Thursday, February 04, 2010

the car goes where your eyes go

So this wasn't a Pullitzer Prize winning book, but I loved The Art of Racing in the Rain and I got something out of it that has stuck with me. That which you manifest is before you.  I'm sorry if it's cheesy to quote a book, but it was a good book.  I cried my eyes out over it on the way back from Africa at that phrase (and other parts of the book too).  I encourage you to read this book if you haven't yet.  Yes, if you have even a black nubbin of a soul you'll cry.  But it's a good read.  And I can't get that idea out of my head.  It reminds me of the setting my intentions I did at the beginning of last year, which was very successful for me.  Goals are good.  But planning and focusing are better. 

 Anyone else have a book they've read that was surprisingly resonant?

No comments: