Wednesday, November 30, 2011

move on and forget it

I've been feeling mopey and self-disgusted after falling off the posting wagon during Thanksgiving, and then falling off the exercise wagon too. And by falling off the wagon I mean not even going for a walk for a whole week. While simultaneously eating pie like a professional.  This I don't give a shit philosophy showed itself on the scale Monday morning, let me tell you. Nothing like a 4 pound gain to make you snap out of your wallow and give a shit. 

I just heard this great mantra about willpower today. When faced with a temptation (whether that's something you want to eat, or something you don't want to do, like go for a run) you have two options: you can give in and regret it, or move on and forget it.  The forgetting it is, admittedly, harder at some moments than others, but I'm going to add it to my other mantra: you don't drown my falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

I'm pulling myself up out of the water right now, trying to make good food and exercise choices. Little by little, piece by piece, I'm trying to move on and forget how I sidetracked myself over the holiday.  It's hard work.

No comments: