Sunday, November 20, 2011

sunday

Today involved much baking. Much baking. Mr. Bump and I made a batch of brownies, a batch of bar cookies, a miserable failure of a batch of chocolate chip cookies (my nemesis, I tell you!), and a whole lot of pumpkin bread. 



I made some of the pumpkin bread into muffins and glazed them with a cream cheese glaze. I baked a loaf of pumpkin bread and made a batch of them in my mini bundt pan too.

Proof of the barefoot baking
The mini-bundt pan ones came out really cute drizzled with glaze.  You would think all that baking would be enough to exhaust us, but we managed to make and can 6 pints of applesauce and 3 of apple butter. And roast a chicken and root vegetables. And make a trip to Costco.

And one other small detail.  We groomed the dog and cut her hair, which is such a long and arduous process that we all have to go to our separate corners afterwards and meditate for awhile. Actually, it wasn't that bad, but the hair gets everywhere.  And when we're done, we have enough hair leftover for a whole separate dog.

This actually wasn't from today, but I'd say there was probably more hair than that tonight.
 

And now it's the tail end of Sunday, and I must admit this weekend was satisfactory. We got a lot accomplished and we had a date and roasted a chicken. And canned some applesauce. We are Superheroes of Sunday, I tell you.

No comments: