Tuesday, May 01, 2007

may day

Things here are good. Spring seems to be unfurling, despite some snow on the forsythia in April, and on the Easter egg hunts around town. I told Mr. Bump that I feel like my soul is spreading out in a big long cat stretch/yawn combo, the kind that makes your toes curl.

I have a serious crush on May, I've got to tell you. Not only is it my Birthday Month, but school lets out, lilacs bloom, and you don't need a coat or hat for warmth or for shade. (My dermotologist would say otherwise, however.) It has a way of making me feel happy that I'm around for the month. Full of the tendrils of summer, it just seems like it is always a good time.

And I saw this silly quiz at Ms. Kim's, which happens to think my power month is May, and I'm so not suprised:

Your Birthdate: May 14

You work well with others. That is, you're good at getting them to do work for you.
It's true that you get by on your charm. But so what? You make people happy!
You're dynamic, clever, and funny. And people like to have you around.
But you're so restless, they better not expect you to stay around for long.

Your strength: Your superstar charisma

Your weakness: Commitment means nothing to you

Your power color: Fuchsia

Your power symbol: Diamond

Your power month: May

First of all, commitment does mean something to me, so this is not right. Not so sure about that superstar charisma, either. I'll believe in my power month and my power symbol (hint, hint Mr. Bump), but beyond that?

Beyond that, I have to say I 1) can't believe it is already May and 2) am flopping about a bit with what to do with myself this month. (Maybe that is the commitment thing they're talking about?) The thing about May being full of promise is that I feel like I should be out there fulfilling that promise. I've got to get on that. Lose the rest of this weight, paint that bathroom (robin's egg blue or soft green?), take a class, learn Icelandic, cook more new meals, bake new cookies. . .

Or I could just blog more. How 'bout that one?

1 comment:

Marci said...

what a wonderful blog! have a very happy May, and a great birthday :)