Wednesday, November 14, 2007

today's factiod is brought to you by today's word

I went to the eye doctor today, who told me I have blepharitis:

bleph·a·ri·tis [blef-uh-rahy-tis] –noun Pathology.

inflammation of the eyelids.

Which basically means that my tears are evaporating too fast because they don't have enough fat in them. So I need to scrub my eyes, use steriod drops and other drops about four times a day. The good news is that my vision appears to be fine, and she did a check on my near vision, which is still 20/20. The bad news is that it doesn't necessarily ever go away, but hopefully I can get it in check.

While I was waiting I reviewed a wonderful chart with all kinds of fun facts about eyes, etc. I made myself memorize something, because it was so interesting and I wanted to share it all with you. So there it is. The human eye weighs 7.0 grams. Just in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I once had blepharitis, but I took a pill, and it went away like that (*snap*).