Thursday, February 28, 2008

what are you going to do with your little bit of stimulus?

There is something just so, I don't know, appropriate about using our economic stimulus rebate check to take a trip to Vancouver in October. It makes me giggle a little at our subversiveness. Or, maybe that's just excitement over our Trip! To! Vancouver! I have restaurants picked out already, but of course, as I recently relayed to Mr. Bump, in the meantime I could have a baby, so I'm going to be exhausted by the anticipation I'm going to endure between now and then.

I said I could have a baby. That doesn't mean I am. Because I'm not. It was just a way to make the point about how looooong it will be before we get to Vancouver. My belly is only pregnant with anticipation for our Trip! To! Vancouver! and our upcoming road trip to New Jersey in September. No baby. Really.

So, congress, you're going to have to come up with something better than a check to get us out of this "slowdown." 'Cause I'm making a run for the border with mine. What are you going to do with yours?

No comments: