Tuesday, November 04, 2008

hey y'all, remember me?

Remember when I actually used to post on this thing, rather than posting the results of ridiculous quizzes? I totally meant to do NoBloPoMo, but that didn't happen. Although to be fair, I was away from a computer, cell phone, or any other piece of technology for the first couple of days of November. I'm going to commit to a post a week or so, not that there is much to say. Let's see...what's been going on?

Oh, right, we're going to Africa. I know, right? Our trip won't be until September 2009, but since a big fat chunk of money has gone toward the trip in the last week, it's all I can think about. Specifically we're going to South Africa and Botswana, to a couple of safari camps, and then we're spending a few days in Cape Town after that, which looks just so beautiful. And it'll be spring down there, so hopefully the weather will be nice.

And if that weren't enough, we're going to spend a few days on the way back in Paris, partially to break up the agonizingly long plane trip, and partially because if you're going to fly through Paris, shouldn't you be allowed to see Paris? Mr. Bump is really excited about it too--the whole thing, really, but that little Paris add-on has come as such a lovely surprise at the end that we seem to be more focused on it that on the fact that we're going to South Africa! and Botswana!

One other trip to talk about, and then I'll shut up. At the end of this week we're heading down to Charleston and Savannah for a long weekend. It's my first trip to the South and I'm so excited. I may even start in on the y'alls before I get off the plane. Owait.

And if I can just get over myself for a minute, let me just say how glad I am that election day is finally here. I hope my guy wins. I hope. I hope.* I would go into more detail, but working for the federal judiciary means that I can in no way endorse a political candidate for any office, as it constitutes the appearance of impropriety. No bumper stickers, no yard signs, no attendance at a rally, or say, a political party's convention that happens in the very city you live in. All I can do is vote, basically. Which I have done. And I hope you have too.

*That's from The Shawshank Redemption and should not be seen as an endorsement of any candidate. Which I can't do. So I'm making it clear that I'm quoting a movie, and not the catchphrase of any particular campaign.

No comments: