- I met with an exercise physiologist (Dr. Inigo San Millan)
on Friday, to go over the results of my V02 max and lactate threshold
tests I did the Friday before. It was fascinating stuff, and is
basically rocking my world in terms of what I need to do to get faster.
I'm going to be changing things up for the next three months to get me
where I'll need to be to train for a spring marathon. I can't wait to
tell you all about it but it's complicated, and I want to explain the
science right, and also I'm waiting for him to email me the report
because he had to fix some things.
- I ran tonight for the second time this week, and despite being slightly underdressed (no arm warmers/sleeves and it was windy), it was a good 4 1/2 miler. The shorter runs are always easier, but now I know why. Fascinating stuff, I'm telling you.
- I baked a chocolate cinnamon bundt cake (four small ones, actually) and then 8 small loaves of pumpkin bread. Anyone want some pumpkin bread? I have lots.
- I am so tired. We slept in until 8 this morning, something I don't
think I've done in months. It was delicious. And yet, I'm still so
- I hate these Mondays. This week is Term of Court, on of five we have a year, which means I have to dress up like a grown-up, and I'm not looking forward to it. Normally it snows during this week every year, so thankfully the weather shouldn't be too awful. But still it's heels all week.
- I do have Friday off, so technically not all week. But still.
- I'm finally seeing my hair stylist on Tuesday. I can't wait to get my firecracker back.
Ok, that's all I've got for tonight. Sorry. I'll try harder to be brilliant tomorrow.