Monday, December 31, 2007

the end is the beginning is the end

Everywhere I'm seeing these "wrap up the year" or "summary of my last year's worth of blogging" type posts. I am too lazy for that, I'm afraid. I could let you know what my resolutions for the new year are, but I'm still rolling them around in my head, and I have not yet decided if I'm even going to have any. It's so much pressure. But I can share some of the great adventures of our year, Mr. Bump's and mine, some of which I didn't talk so much about here.

Santa Fe. Iceland. The California coast from Cambria to San Francisco. It has been a really good year for trips.

Feeding a rhino at the San Diego Wild Animal Park.

Almost losing an elephant's penis (there's been a bit of backsliding on that front, I'm afraid). But there is a great amount of satisfaction at the comments the Christmas cards apparently yielded from my aunts and uncles. It feels really good to be proud of something that you worked hard at. Much better than something that just sort of happened.

Having both my family and Mr. Bump's family together for Thanksgiving. It was such a special day for me, to have everyone together.

We made some new friends (hurrah!) whose love of travel goes leaps and bounds over ours. Their most recent trip to Africa in September was truly an inspiration to us.

Who knows what 2008 will surprise us with? We'll just have to wait and see. And in the meantime, plan and dream.

No comments: