Wednesday, February 18, 2009

20 minutes

Last night I ran for 20 minutes straight. I could qualify that by saying it was more of a jog at 4.5 mph, that it was on a treadmill, that I didn't do it carrying a boulder up a hill. But I'm not going to. I'm not exactly sure what that works out to, but I know that I ran at least a mile. And that means I'm definitely more fit than I was in high school, because I've never done that before. Next thing you know I'll be tackling the President's Physical Fitness test and climbing that rope (BTW--I tried to link to the actual Presidental Physical Fitness Test, but now it's the "President's Challenge" without the specific benchmarks. The link that is there to Shaq's Presidential Physical Fitness Challenge. Who knew he was a president?)

Anyway, so that's where I'm at. If you're keeping track, that means I've finished Week 5 of the Couch to 5K. So Week 6 is the last week of intervals before you just go balls to the wall runnin'. The bummer I'm finding is that doing 25 minutes of walking/running? Doesn't actually burn enough calories for me, so I'm ending up on the bike trainer. Which is fine, but come. on. Shouldn't I be getting more credit for RUNNING? Or jogging. Or whatever. Sigh.

No comments: