Monday, April 13, 2009

before

At some point everyone needs the perspective of a before and after picture. I'm not yet to "after," but let's call this late middle.

This is April 2003, very much before.


Also April 2003

...and late middle, April 2009.


They're hard to look at, and believe it or not I don't think those pictures were me at my heaviest, but strangely enough we can't find any pictures of October 2005, when I weighed 89 pounds more than I do today. Ok, maybe yesterday. I'm hoping what I'm retaining is water rather than all the Easter dinner and candy I ate.

I saw my parents and brother yesterday, and my brother's jaw in particular was nearest the floor. It is surprising to me that somehow, to him, this is the most amazing thing I've ever done. Me, I'm more proud of my 5 mile run yesterday morning, before the Easter hoopla began. I'll admit that I'm proud of the way I look, too. But 5 miles? That's incredible to me.

More to come. That 10K is less than 3 weeks away, and the butterflies are beginning. I'm excited, I've got to say. (Uh, who am I?) And now I'm thinking beyond that, to the Elephant Rock ride, maybe. Oh calm down, just maybe the 32 mile road or the 25 mile off-road. It's nice to have a goal out there, anyway. Onward!

No comments: